Europ Assistance Annual and Annual Plus policies with or without trip cancellation cover (assistance)
You can rely on Europ Assistance assistance insurance to cover you and, if you wish, your vehicle. No matter where you are, at home or in the far-flung corners of the world, top specialists will rush to your aid 24 hours a day.
What is an Annual Policy?
Full medical assistance covering all of your trips abroad throughout the year. If you opt for an Annual Policy with vehicle, you can add to this insurance a full year's breakdown assistance from a distance of 10 km from your home (with free cover for your second vehicle), or even from your front door with the Annual Plus Policy.
Do you also want to cover the financial risk if it turns out that you are unable to travel ? Then choose one of our contracts with trip cancellation cover.
- Peace of mind: travel with peace of mind, throughout the year.
- Exceptional service: with an unequalled network of 402,000 providers on hand to help you, Europ Assistance can assist anywhere in the world, 24/7.
- Option of extending the cover: find out more about the Annual Policy including a vehicle, or alternatively, the Annual Plus Policy, as well as our Annual and Annual Plus policies with added trip cancellation cover.
- Choice: your vehicle is always repaired by a garage of your choice.
Get full details
Europ Assistance covers you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. A single phone number to dial from anywhere in the world to reach a Europ Assistance representative in Belgium who will arrange your assistance personally, anywhere in the world.
- Europ Assistance arranges for assistance and refunds your medical expenses paid abroad up to EUR 1,250,000.
- Europ Assistance repatriates the injured or sick person with an insured companion of their choice.
- An emergency doctor is ready and willing to help 24 hours a day. If necessary, Europ Assistance will send a doctor to the scene.
- If you are the only person able to drive your vehicle, Europ Assistance will send a replacement driver to bring it back to Belgium.
- If you get lost or suffer an accident while skiing, Europ Assistance will take care of the rescue costs.
- Europ Assistance covers stays of up to 3 consecutive months (this period may be extended).
- In the event of hospitalisation in Belgium: Europ Assistance covers the cost of a home help and childcare.
An accident or illness can directly affect those travelling with you.
- Europ Assistance arranges and pays for the return of the other insured persons.
- If your children cannot stay with you, Europ Assistance will arrange and pay for their return to Belgium with a companion.
- Europ Assistance will arrange for pets travelling with you to return to Belgium.
- If a member of your family who has stayed in Belgium has to go into hospital or dies, Europ Assistance will arrange and pay for your early return.
- What if you need to go into hospital abroad for a period expected to last more than 5 days? Europ Assistance will arrange for a member of your family to travel from Belgium (travel costs, hotel).
- If your child needs to go into hospital while abroad, Europ Assistance will arrange for both parents to travel to their bedside.
- If your home in Belgium is seriously damaged while you are abroad, Europ Assistance will arrange and pay for your return transport.
- What if your home is uninhabitable due to a serious incident? Europ Assistance will help you find alternative accommodation, look after your home and transport your furniture.
- What if your door is damaged or you have lost your keys? Europ Assistance will find you a locksmith and contribute to the cost of his work.
- Do you want to carry out work on your home? Europ Assistance can find tradespeople in Belgium for you.
Abroad, the consequences of even a minor mishap are always more complicated and expensive and can even turn into a nightmare.
- What if you lose your luggage or it is stolen? Europ Assistance will send you emergency essentials.
- What if you need money whilst receiving assistance abroad? It will be made available to you as soon as possible.
- Europ Assistance will send you your glasses and essential medicines that you cannot find abroad.
- Europ Assistance will assist you if you are involved in legal action abroad.
- Europ Assistance will assist you if your travel documents and tickets are stolen abroad.
- Whilst providing assistance, Europ Assistance will also help you if you do not speak the local language.
- Europ Assistance can help you deal with the practical details of your trip by informing you about: visas, compulsory vaccinations, the climate, means of transport, health precautions, cultural attractions and events.
- Europ Assistance can inform you about healthcare in Belgium, hospitals, ambulance services, and hirers of medical equipment.
- In the case of a death in Belgium, Europ Assistance can inform you about the steps to be taken and the various public departments involved.
In addition to the cover under the Annual Policy, you will also receive assistance for your vehicle and passengers unable to travel:
- In the event of a breakdown or an accident, Europ Assistance will arrange for your car to be repaired, towed away or transported in Belgium and Europe from a distance of 10 km from your home.
- Europ Assistance will assist with a flat battery, the wrong fuel or a puncture.
- Europ Assistance will provide you with accommodation and transport until the repairs are carried out.
- If necessary, Europ Assistance will repatriate you from abroad or pay for you to continue your journey.
- Europ Assistance will send spare parts which the local garage owner is unable to obtain locally.
- Europ Assistance will assist you if your vehicle is stolen.
- Your second vehicle is covered free of charge!
In addition to the cover provided by the Annual and Annual Plus policies, you also benefit from a triple guarantee :
• 'Changing your trip': We will cover the costs of changing the dates of your stay and we will give you a bonus of €75.
• 'Cancelling your trip': You enjoy cover of up to €2,500 per person and trip, up to a total of €12,500 for all insured persons combined, per trip.
• 'Travel compensation' (if you return home early): Did you have to break off your stay due to illness, an accident, death or hospitalisation, or a serious incident at home? We will reimburse you for the days you miss out on, the ski pass and ski lessons, and we offer a 10% bonus to cover other miscellaneous costs as necessary.
1. You enjoy cover of €2,500 per person and a maximum of €12,500 per trip and per family.
2. We will pay the costs of changing the dates of your stay and reimburse you for any days you missed out on.
See the General Terms and Conditions for receiving these payments.
What are the main risks covered?
- For the cancellation of your stay or changes or interruptions to it due to illness, accident, death, hospitalisation or a serious accident at home, we will reimburse you up to €2,500 per person up to a maximum of €12,500 total per trip for all insured persons.
What are the main risks not covered?
Trips or stays booked by the insured persons before taking out a policy with trip cancellation cover are not covered, if the date of departure for the trip or stay is less than 30 days from the start date of the cover of the contract with trip cancellation cover.
The above lists are not exhaustive. To find out the exact scope of cover, please see the General Terms and Conditions for the product, which can be obtained free of charge at a branch and which are also available below. To receive a quote, please contact your branch, visit www.bnpparibasfortis.be or call the Easy banking centre on +32 (0)2 261 11 11.
Europ Assistance (Belgium) sa – Boulevard du Triomphe 172, B 1160 Brussels – Brussels Register of Companies – VAT BE 457.247.904 –www.europ-assistance.be
Belgian insurance company authorised under code number 1401, under the supervision of the National Bank of Belgium, Bd de Berlaimont 14, B-1000 Brussels.
BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV, Montagne du Parc 3, B-1000 Brussels – Brussels Register of Companies – VAT BE 0403.199.702, registered under FSMA number 25.879A, rue du Congrès 12-14, 1000 Brussels, and acting as a tied insurance agent for Europ Assistance (Belgium) sa.
Complaints should be addressed to BNP Paribas Fortis Complaints Management (JQABD), Montagne du Parc 3, B-1000 Brussels, fax 02 228 72 00. You can also address your complaint to the Insurance Ombudsman, 35 square de Meeûs , B-1000 Brussels. Tel.: 02 547 58 71 – Fax: 02 547 59 75 - www.ombudsman.as
Print full details of this product