Identification with a card reader
- Enter your customer number or user number in the PC banking login screen.
- Your customer number consists of 10 digits. You can find this number on your bank card. If this is not the case (with older cards, for example), you can request your customer number under the 'Forgotten your number?' link in the login screen.
- Your user number consists of 6 digits or the letter E + 7 digits. You will find this number on your PC banking contract.
- Select 'Card reader' as the security module.
- Enter the number of the BNP Paribas Fortis bank card you wish to use for your transactions in PC banking. This card number consists of 17 digits.
Tip: Check the option 'Save user data on this computer' so that you don't have to enter your customer number or user number and card number each time you log in.
- Insert your bank card in your card reader and press the M1 button.
- You will see an 8-digit code on the PC banking login screen (the 'CHALLENGE'). Enter this code in your card reader and press OK.
- Now enter your PIN number in your card reader and confirm by pressing OK. The card reader then generates an electronic signature for you: a unique 8-digit code. The combination of this electronic signature with your user or customer number and your card number will ensure that your PC banking session is perfectly secure.
- The electronic signature appears on the screen of your card reader under the word 'RESPONSE'. Enter this in the PC banking login screen and click on 'Confirm'. You can now access PC banking.
Watch our demo.
Note: The blind and the vision-impaired can request a special card reader with extra large keys, a clear LCD screen and voice support from their branch. More information? Consult the 'Log in with a Comfort Voice card reader' voice synthesis (pdf) or 'Log in with a Comfort Voice card reader' large text printing (pdf) manuals.
Back to FAQ