You can identify yourself on the BNP Paribas Fortis website with a card reader and a BNP Paribas bank card (not possible with a credit card).
Identification with a card reader
- Enter your user number.
This user number has 6 digits or the letter E plus 7 digits and appears on your PC banking agreement.
- Select card reader as security module and enter the 17 figures of the number of your payment card.
RECOMMENDATION: in order not to have to enter this number again every time, you can tick the option "Record the user data on this computer".
- Place a valid BNP Paribas Fortis bank card in your card reader.
- Press the key M1.
- Enter the 8 digits you can see on the identification page and then press OK.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN for the bank card used in your card reader and press OK.
The electronic signature (maximum of 8 digits) is generated and appears on the screen of your card reader under the heading "Response", for example 7598 4112.
- Enter this number in the field on the screen and click on "Confirm".
You are now identified as a BNP Paribas Fortis customer.