Why plan for your succession?
The financial impact of an inheritance on the heirs can be significant. Succession planning is an excellent way to:
- protect those close to you;
- give effect to wishes that diverge from the standard inheritance provisions laid down by law;
- minimise the impact of death duties on your heirs.
Net assets – movable and real estate – left by the deceased are subject to death duties that can vary depending on:
- the region;
- the family relationship of the heirs; and
- the amount of the assets.
Overview of death duties
for more information on the calculation of death duties