Losing your job is no fun, especially if you recently took out a loan. Fortunately, we have a solution that would reduce the pressure on your budget if the worst were to happen.
What is Unemployment Insurance?
Unemployment Insurance is an attractive supplement to an Instalment Loan. It protects you against financial problems if you lose your job during the term of the loan.
- Protect your budget: if you lose your job, your monthly repayments will be covered up to 12 times throughout the entire term of the loan.
- Fast and straightforward thanks to the minimal formalities.
Get full details
Unemployment Insurance offers optional, temporary cover that protects holders and joint-holders of an Instalment Loan in the event that they lose their job.
Good to know:
- Unemployment Insurance is only available to employees with a permanent employment contract.
- The insurance does not apply if the borrower or joint-borrower loses his or her job within 180 days of taking out the Instalment Loan.
- The insurance is only available for Instalment Loans with a minimum term of 24 months.
- Unemployment Insurance is not possible in the case of a Balloon Loan.
This insurance covers the following in the event of unemployment and after a waiting period of 90 days:
- The monthly repayment of the Instalment Loan up to 12 times throughout the entire term of the loan.
- The premiums for the Unemployment Insurance during the period for which the cover is activated.
General terms (in French) (pdf)
Unemployment Insurance concerns an insurance product of AG Insurance, distributed by BNP Paribas Fortis. AG Insurance sa, Bd. E. Jacqmain 53, B-1000 Bruxelles – RPM Bruxelles – TVA BE0404.494.849 – www.aginsurance.be.
BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV, Montagne du Parc 3, B-1000 Brussels – RPM Brussels – VAT BE0403.199.702, is registered and acting as insurance agent under FSMA n° 25.879A on behalf of AG Insurance sa. This insurance is optional.
Print all product details