|Thinking of buying a new car? Choose a car loan tailored to your personal needs and budget.
What is a Car loan?
The Car loan is an instalment loan that enables you to purchase a new or second-hand car for private use.
- Tempting rates and charges: particularly for a new car that meets energy-efficient standards.
- Potential for up to 110% financing of the purchase price for a new or second hand car.
- Tax break: possibility of deduction from tax.
- A package to match your budget: the balloon loan is a financing plan that leaves a residual value to be paid at the end of the term.
- Guaranteed service: we release the money as soon as you sign the delivery acceptance note.
Get full details
- The terms and conditions for financing a second-hand car (on the road for less than 2 years) or nearly new car (on the road for than one year) are the same as for a new car.
- You have a highly advantageous interest rate on financing for a new eco-friendly car with an A or B eco label.
- If you itemise your business expenses in your tax declaration, you can deduct that part of the interest paid on your instalment loan that corresponds to business use.
You pay a fixed monthly amount. The interest rate depends on the loan amount and term. The minimum term is 12 months. The maximum term varies depending on the amount borrowed:
|Amount borrowed||Maximum term (in months)|
|From EUR 1 250 to EUR 2 500||24|
|From EUR 2 500.01 to EUR 3 700||30|
|From EUR 3 700.01 to EUR 5 600||36|
|From EUR 5 600.01 to EUR 7 500||42|
|From EUR 7 500.01 to EUR 10 000||48|
|From EUR 10 000.01 to EUR 15 000||60|
|From EUR 15 000.01 to EUR 20 000||84|
|More than EUR 20 000||120|
When you buy a new car, you can opt for a “balloon” instalment loan, i.e. a financing scheme that leaves a residual value to be paid. This means that a proportion of the capital will only be repaid by you at the end of the loan. Your monthly repayments for the life of the loan are therefore lower than with a conventional car loan. You decide what the residual value will be: you can choose between 30% and 50% of the capital borrowed.
- You can replace your car with a new vehicle after a few years;
- Your monthly repayments are lower;
- You can repay the loan on your car from the profit you make on selling it on.
- If you want to keep your car, you can repay the loan by applying for a new loan or by using your savings.
The repayment schedule is based on the term of the loan:
- 70/30 (70% is repaid during the term of the loan and the remaining 30% on maturity): maximum term of 48 months.
- 50/50 (50% is repaid during the term of the loan and the remaining 50% on maturity): maximum term of 24 months.
We guarantee to release the money as soon as you sign the delivery acceptance note. We will otherwise pay a penalty of EUR 5 into your account.
- In parallel with your loan, we recommend that you take out the AG Insurance instalment loan insurance policy. This policy allows your to protect your family from financial worries if you die during the term of your loan or if you become totally disabled.
- Unemployment Insurance shields your budget from the effects of becoming unemployed during the term of the loan.
- The AG Insurance motor insurance (third-party motor insurance) covers all damage to third parties and your passengers in the event of an accident for which you are at fault. Good to know: 24 hours after you apply for motor insurance, you will receive your new number plate through your letterbox.
This page is not available in your chosen preferred language.
You can view this page in the Dutch or the French version.
To the Dutch version
To the French version
Whether you're seeking a loan for private or professional purposes, BNP Paribas Fortis is by your side. As a responsible lender. Indeed, a loan must help you to move forward in life, not lead you into financial difficulties. Our financing products are intended to help you turn healthy, feasible projects into reality, in a spirit of shared responsibility between yourself and the bank.
This principle of responsible lending can be easily illustrated through our promises.
- Firstly, we take the time to listen carefully to you in order to offer you a solution which is adapted to your project and your needs.
- Next, we give you a clear overview of our credit formulas and advise you in a clear, transparent manner.
- To protect you as much as possible from any risk of indebtedness, your project is examined in detail so as to determine your solvency and the most appropriate regular repayment.
- Finally, we strive to be ever-more accessible, via the various communication channels we offer.
Our support procedure is thus in place for the duration of each of your loans.
Type of loan: Instalment loan. Subject to approval of your application by AlphaCredit SA/NV, lender, Rue Ravenstein/Ravensteinstraat 60, B-1000 Brussels, Brussels Register of Companies (RPM), VAT BE0445.781.316, a subsidiary of BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV. Delegated agent: BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV, Montagne du Parc 3, B-1000 Brussels – RPM/RPR Brussels – VAT BE0403.199.702.
Instalment loan insurance, Motor liability insurance and Unemployment Insurance are insurance products of AG Insurance, distributed by BNP Paribas Fortis.
AG Insurance sa/nv – 53 boulevard Emile Jacqmain, B-1000 Brussels – RPM/RPR Brussels – VAT BE 0404.494.849 – www.aginsurance.be.
Accredited insurance company licenced under code number 0079, under the supervision of the National Bank of Belgium, 14 boulevard de Berlaimont, 1000 Brussels
BNP Paribas Fortis sa/nv, 3 Montagne du Parc, B-1000 Brussels – RPM/RPR Brussels – VAT BE 0403.199.702, registered with the FSMA under n° 25.879A and acting as a contractually appointed insurance agent on behalf of AG Insurance sa/nv.
Print full details of this product