Europ Assistance Temporary Policy
|You can rely on Europ Assistance assistance insurance to cover you and, if you wish, your vehicle. No matter where you are, at home or in the far-flung corners of the world, top specialists will rush to your aid 24 hours a day.
What is a Temporary Policy?
Comprehensive medical insurance covering you while you are travelling abroad (for up to 45 days). Depending on the nature of your journey, you can opt for a Temporary Policy or Snow Temporary Policy (both with or without vehicle breakdown assistance).
- Peace of mind: travel with calm and peace of mind, throughout the year; you can even take out your assistance policy the day before you leave!
- Exceptional service: with an unequalled network of 402,000 providers on hand to help you, Europ Assistance can assist anywhere in the world, 24/7.
- Option of extending the cover: find out about the Temporary Policy with vehicle cover or the Snow Temporary Policy (with or without vehicle breakdown assistance).
- Freedom of choice: vehicle repairs are always undertaken by the garage of your choice.
- Luggage and cancellation insurance: optional.
Get full details
Europ Assistance covers you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. A single phone number to dial from anywhere in the world to reach a Europ Assistance representative in Belgium who will arrange your assistance personally, anywhere in the world.
- Europ Assistance organises help and reimburses foreign medical costs you have incurred up to EUR 250,000.
- Europ Assistance reimburses medical costs in Belgium arising from an accident abroad up to a ceiling of EUR 2,500.
- Europ Assistance repatriates the injured or sick person with an insured companion of their choice.
- An emergency doctor is ready and willing to help 24 hours a day. If necessary, Europ Assistance will send a doctor to the scene.
- If you are the only person able to drive your vehicle, Europ Assistance will send a replacement driver to bring it back to Belgium.
- Lost or injured in the mountains (not as part of a skiing holiday)? Europ Assistance covers the search and rescue costs.
- Europ Assistance will cover trips lasting for 1 to 45 days.
- Europ Assistance can arrange for psychological support after a trauma.
An accident or illness can directly affect those travelling with you.
- Europ Assistance arranges and pays for the return of the other insured persons.
- If you are unable to take care of your children, grandchildren or great-grandchildren who are with you, Europ Assistance organises and pays for their return to Belgium with a companion.
- Europ Assistance will arrange for pets travelling with you to return to Belgium.
- If a member of your family who has stayed in Belgium has to go into hospital or dies, Europ Assistance will arrange and pay for your early return.
- What if you need to go into hospital abroad for a period expected to last more than 5 days? Europ Assistance will arrange for a member of your family to travel from Belgium (travel costs, hotel).
- If your child needs to go into hospital while abroad, Europ Assistance will arrange for both parents to travel to their bedside.
If your home in Belgium is seriously damaged while you are abroad, Europ Assistance will arrange and pay for your return transport.
Abroad, the consequences of even a minor mishap are always more complicated and expensive and can even turn into a nightmare.
- What if you lose your luggage or it is stolen? Europ Assistance will send you emergency essentials.
- What if you need money whilst receiving assistance abroad? It will be made available to you as soon as possible.
- Europ Assistance will send you your glasses and essential medicines that you cannot find abroad.
- Europ Assistance will assist you if you are involved in legal action abroad.
- Europ Assistance will assist you if your travel documents and tickets are stolen abroad.
- Whilst providing assistance, Europ Assistance will also help you if you do not speak the local language.
Europ Assistance can help you deal with the practical details of your trip by informing you about: visas, compulsory vaccinations, the climate, means of transport, health precautions, cultural attractions and events.
In addition to the cover provided by the Annual Policy, you have assistance for your vehicle and for passengers prevented from continuing their journey.
- In the event of a breakdown or accident, Europ Assistance deals with roadside repairs, towing or transport of your vehicle in Belgium and Europe from your own home.
- Europ Assistance will assist with a flat battery, the wrong fuel or a puncture.
- Europ Assistance will provide you with accommodation and transport until the repairs are carried out.
- If necessary, Europ Assistance will repatriate you from abroad or pay for you to continue your journey.
- Europ Assistance will send spare parts which the local garage owner is unable to obtain locally.
- Europ Assistance will assist you if your vehicle is stolen.
You can add luggage and cancellation insurance to this package.
Given the higher risk of accidents during skiing and winter sports holidays, Europ Assistance also offers a temporary policy with a higher level of protection. In addition to the Temporary Policy cover, the Snow Temporary Policy includes:
- Payment of search and rescue costs if you get lost or have an accident in the mountains, on or off marked-out ski runs.
- Payment of the additional costs of extending your accommodation or transport arrangements if you cannot make your return journey due to unforeseen weather conditions (avalanches, roads closed).
- Payment of your travel costs for recovering your vehicle if you had to leave it behind.
- Information on snow (routes to ski resorts, weather forecasts, information on ski resorts, etc.).
The Snow with vehicle Temporary Policy adds effective breakdown assistance for your vehicle and assistance for passengers prevented from continuing their journey.
You can also add luggage and cancellation insurance to this package. You can then count on:
- Reimbursement of your ski pass and skiing lessons if you have a skiing accident;
- Reimbursement up to a given ceiling if your skis (or snowboards), poles and boots break or are stolen.
This is in reference to a Europ Assistance product, distributed by BNP Paribas Fortis.
Europ Assistance (Belgium) sa/nv – 172 Boulevard du Triomphe, B 1160 Bruxelles – RPM/RPR Brussels – VAT BE 457.247.904 – www.europ-assistance.be
Accredited insurance company licenced under code number 1401, under the supervision of the National Bank of Belgium, 14 boulevard de Berlaimont, 1000 Brussels.
BNP Paribas Fortis sa/nv, 3 Montagne du Parc, B-1000 Brussels – RPM/RPR Brussels – VAT BE 0403.199.702, registered with the FSMA under n° 25.879A and acting as a contractually appointed insurance agent on behalf of AG Insurance sa/nv.
Print full details of this product