A. Right to access, rectify and erase
You have the right to access your data. You can ask us:
- if we are processing your personal data or not;
- for what purpose we are processing them;
- what categories of data are being processed;
- to what categories of recipients they are being transferred;
- where the data being processed came from;
- what the basic logic is for the automated processing of some of your personal data.
If you discover that your data are inaccurate or incomplete, you can ask us to rectify them. In some very specific cases, the law also allows you to have them erased or restricted.
In the interests of keeping your data properly up to date, we ask you to inform of us of any change (moving house, renewing your identity card, for example).
B. Right to object to the processing of your data
You have the right to object to some processing of your personal data that we may want to carry out. In particular, you have the right to object, without giving any reason, to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes.
However, this right can only be exercised under certain conditions:
- Your request must be dated and signed.
- For other cases than objecting to direct marketing, you need to have serious and legitimate reasons relating to your specific situation in order to object to processing being carried out. In the case of a valid objection, said processing will no longer be permitted for these data.
- However, you cannot object to processing that is necessary:
- for the performance of a contract agreed upon with you or the execution of pre-contractual steps taken at your request; or
- for compliance with legal or regulatory provisions that apply to us.
C. Right to object to a channel of communication used for marketing purposes (direct marketing)
Even when we have the right to process your personal data, we will ask for your explicit consent to use electronic messaging (e-mail, SMS, etc.) for marketing purposes.
When sending marketing messages by SMS or e-mail about products that have no connection with those you already hold, we are required to ask for your explicit consent. You can change your mind at any time by replying to the SMS or e-mails we have sent.
The marketing offers sent by post or communicated by telephone are not subject to the same prior consent. But again, you can object to them
- by contacting us through our usual channels, as mentioned in the section below;
- for advertising sent by post: by registering on the Robinson list;
- for advertising by phone: by registering on the Do not call me list.
If you wish to start receiving our marketing information again, you can inform your branch.
We do however reserve the right to keep contacting you electronically for the performance of your contract or if required by law.
D. Whom should I contact?
In order to exercise your rights, all you need to do is contact your branch.
In relation to your right to access, you can send us your signed and dated request, together with a copy of your identity card. Please be as accurate as possible:
- by post to
BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV
Data Protection and Privacy Office – 1GA4B
Montagne du Parc 3/Warandeberg 3
- by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
n case of disagreement relating to the processing of your personal data, you can submit a request for mediation to the Privacy Commission at the following address:
Rue de la Presse 35
Tél : +32 2 274 48 00
Mail : email@example.com