Extra text message security for transfers to new foreign beneficiaries
The extra security using text messaging works as follows:
- you sign your transfer once (electronic signature);
- the bank then sends you an extra code by text message;
- you sign a second time using this text code.
You only need to register your mobile number once with the bank.
- You can register a Belgian mobile number in PC banking yourself
- Don't have a Belgian mobile number?
- Call +32 2 433 41 88 (Monday to Friday from 7am to 10pm; Saturdays from 9am to 5pm)
- Enter your PIN for “Day-to-day banking by telephone”
- Forgotten or lost your PIN? Don't worry: click here for a new code;
- You can communicate your non-Belgian mobile number within the secure environment of “Day-to-day banking by telephone”.
In both cases, your mobile phone number is registered immediately and you can use it to proceed with your transfer.
Would you prefer not to register your mobile phone number?
- You can sign a fax agreement and send it to your BNP Paribas Fortis branch.
- You can instruct an adviser to make transfers to new foreign beneficiaries by calling +32 2 433 41 88.
There is a charge for both options.