MasterCard is strictly personal. Make sure you follow these tips:
- Always keep your credit card with you or in a safe place.
- As soon as you receive your credit card, sign it on the back to avoid a potential thief doing it for you.
- Keep your PIN secret: never share it with someone else and do not write it down anywhere. You can change the PIN for your MasterCard card to a number that is easy for you to remember. You can do this at any ATM in Belgium.
- Destroy any cards you no longer need or which have expired.
- Make sure no one is watching when you enter your PIN.
- Keep your receipts as proof of your cash withdrawals and payments. Check your payment and card statements regularly using PC banking. If you notice something wrong, contact your bank immediately.
- Keep an eye on your card when you pay for something in a shop.
- Remember to retrieve your MasterCard card when you have finished paying.
- What if your card is swallowed by a cash dispenser? Get it blocked as soon as possible.
- When you are abroad, always check the amount and currency on the document or voucher before validating the transaction. Do not validate the transaction if the price is not right.