- Only shop on well-known and trustworthy websites, use a secure Wi-Fi connection and protect your computer with antivirus software.
- When shopping online, ensure that the web address starts with "https://". The 's' indicates that the page is secure. A web page that requires you to enter confidential details or requests an M2 signature can only appear after you have initiated a transaction.
- In all other situations, this is a fraud attempt.
- For example, a web page appears asking you for an M2 signature even though you have not initiated a transaction, citing 'security reasons' or to 'confirm the security of your account'. Do not comply with this kind of request.
- Be cautious with any unexpected incidents or suspect loading screens.
- Do not reply to e-mails or phone calls which ask you to provide your bank details. These are phishing attempts.
If you come across any anomalies such as those mentioned above when shopping online:
- Close your browser immediately.
- Contact the Easy Banking Centre on 02/228 08 88.