Security advice Visa Credit Card
Your Visa card is strictly personal. Make sure you follow these tips...
- Always keep your credit card with you or in a safe place.
- As soon as you receive your credit card, sign it on the back to avoid a potential thief doing it for you!
- Keep your PIN secret: never share it with someone else and do not write it down anywhere. You can change the PIN for your Visa card to a number that is easy for you to remember. Just go to an ATM in Belgium to change it.
- Destroy any cards you no longer need or which have expired.
- Make sure no one is watching when you enter your PIN.
- Keep your receipts as proof of your cash withdrawals and payments. Check your payments and card statements regularly using PC banking. If you notice something that looks wrong, contact your bank immediately.
- Keep an eye on your card when you pay for something in a shop.
- Remember to retrieve your Visa card when you have finished paying.
- What if your card is swallowed by a cash dispenser? Get it blocked as soon as possible.
- When you are abroad, always check the amount and currency on the document or slip before you validate the transaction. Do not validate the transaction if the price is not right.