BNP Paribas B Strategy Global Neutral
- Sub-fund of the Belgian sicav/bevek BNP Paribas B Strategy
- Invest in a variety of investment funds throughout the world
- Investment horizon: minimum 3 to 7 years
- No guarantee of capital or predetermined end date
The universal basic portfolio formula
Looking for a balanced portfolio of international investments? An attractive long-term return? Then choose this investment fund, the basic formula for any investment portfolio.
To minimise the risks to your investment, specialists select from investment funds around the world.
A ready-made formula
Experts closely follow investments in the portfolio and intervene when necessary. You can decide at any time the subscription and redemption amount.
Also for smaller amounts
Flexinvest allows you to automatically invest smaller amounts, starting from EUR 30 per month.
How does this investment fund work?
The objective of BNP Paribas B Strategy Global Neutral is to provide the highest possible value while ensuring an appropriate allocation of risk. It does so by investing in other investment funds, which deal with all types of asset classes (equities, alternative investments and bonds). The managers closely follow market developments and adjust your investment once it starts to deviate too much from your investor profile. As this fund has no maturity date, you can sell your shares whenever you want.
This fund is actively managed. Depending on market conditions and forecasts, the manager may deviate from the "neutral" weighting: 47% equities, 37% bonds, 16% alternative investments, 0% cash and money market instruments, within the following limits: 25%-65% equities, bonds 15-55%, alternative investments 0% -35%, cash and money market instruments 0% -60%.
Investment funds, CIUs, sicav/beveks...
Collective investments (CIU) in transferable securities (UCITS), commonly called "funds", are structures that ensure the collective management of capital provided by investors. The funds raise capital and collectively invest in securities. A fund of funds is an investment fund whose portfolio is invested in other funds.
What are the risks involved with this investment?
Your capital is not protected. The value of the investment fund fluctuates along with financial markets, as with your shares. If you sell your shares in the fund, it is possible that you receive less than your purchasing price.
If the financial situation of an issuer deteriorates, the value of the bonds in which the fund invests may decrease.
Risks inherent to equity markets
If a company in the investment portfolio sees its financial outlook deteriorate, the value of the shares may also decrease.
An overview of all risks can be found in the prospectus and the 'Key Investor Information'.
Risk and reward profile
The risk and reward profile of an investment fund is determined according to the types of investments it makes (equities, bonds, cash, etc.). Each investment fund is assigned a risk classification from 1 to 7, where 1 represents the lowest risk and potential return, and 7 the highest. The risk reward profile is updated at least once a year, because it may change over time.
How is the risk diversified?
Even with only modest initial capital, you can count on a good diversification of risk:
- between different asset classes (equities, bonds, alternative investments and cash) through various investment funds;
- geographically, as not all parts of the world have the same growth rate, risks or development potential.
What is in it for you?
Is your investment fund profitable? If you invest in distribution shares, you will receive a dividend (revenue of the fund, minus costs). However, if you opt for capitalisation shares, you will not receive a dividend, as the fund will reinvest your annual revenue. Do you want to sell your shares? If so, you will receive the equivalent value at the time of sale (see also section "Taxation").
- You pay 27% withholding tax on distribution share dividends.
- Over 10% of this sub-fund's portfolio is invested in debt securities. When selling your shares you pay 27% withholding tax on the added value, which is only a portion of your potential total realised capital gains.
Stock exchange tax:
- At entry: none.
- On exit: 1.32% tax on stock exchange dealings for capitalisation shares with a maximum of EUR 2,000. This tax is levied on the value of your shares at the time of the sale.
This tax regime applies to private investors in Belgium and may be subject to change. Other categories of investors are requested to inform themselves about the tax regime applicable to them.
- Entry fee: up to 2.50% on the amount invested.
- Exit fee: none.
- Ongoing charges: estimated at 1.84% annually, which also includes the management fee of up to 1.25%. This rate may vary over time and is levied against the value of your units.
- Custody fee: free on a securities account held with BNP Paribas Fortis.
Want to know more?
Notice: The investor must take note of the Key investor information (distribution) (pdf), the Key investor information (capitalisation) (pdf) and the Prospectus (pdf) before making any investment decision.
Useful information to investors:
The sub-fund BNP Paribas B Strategy Global Neutral is a fund of funds. It is a sub-fund of the sicav/bevek BNP Paribas B Strategy, under Belgian law.
The sub-fund BNP Paribas B Strategy Global Neutral offers two types of shares:
- Distribution shares "Classic Distribution": ISIN BE0146937793;
- Capitalisation shares "Classic Capitalisation": ISIN code BE0146936787.
Management Company: BNP Paribas Investment Partners Belgium sa/nv.
Financial service: BNP Paribas Fortis.
Subscriptions are available each bank business day (before 4pm) on the basis of the net asset value (NAV).
Minimum subscription: one share. If you subscribe through Flexinvest, you can subscribe to 0.001% of a share, on the basis of the NAV of that day (amounts are rounded to one cent).
The net asset value (NAV) is published each business day at www.beama.be.
If you are not satisfied with the investment products and/or services, you can submit the dispute to:
- BNP Paribas Fortis NV - Complaints Management (1QA8D) - Montagne du Parc 3, 1000 Brussels;
- the Ombudsman for Consumers (Ombudsfin): http://www.ombudsfin.be/en/individuals/introduce-complaint;
- or refer to Article 21 of the general terms and conditions of the bank.