Disclaimer for US citizens and residents
- In response to a specific American law, as well as to restrictions imposed by institutions issuing financial products and the internal rules of the bank, BNP Paribas Fortis reserves the right not to offer investment services to clients who are citizens or residents of the United States. For existing clients who currently hold this status, there are limited investment services that may be possible under certain conditions.
- The information on this website under the heading "Investments" is not intended for clients who are residents or citizens of the United States.
- Moreover, while such clients are located in the United States, they may not contact BNP Paribas Fortis on the subject of financial products or services. If a bank representative contacts a client concerned while they are in the United States, the client is required to directly inform the bank representative of this. All clients must immediately inform BNP Paribas Fortis of any change regarding their United States residency or citizenship.
- BNP Paribas Fortis clients and counterparties are responsible for ensuring that they comply with applicable provisions of Executive Order 13959: Addressing the Threat from Securities Investments that Finance Communist Chinese Military (and any future official guidance).
- For specific questions, please contact your branch.