Cyber-criminals are using ever more devious techniques
Here, we tell you about the most common types of fraud and provide you with ways to use your online bank and navigate the web in complete security.
The most common types of fraud and how to recognise them
Phishing is the act of sending fraudulent e-mails with the aim of obtaining your passwords. It is also known as 'spoofing'.
Be wary of:
- E-mails purporting to be sent by us that ask you to enter your bank details or secret codes. Likewise, never click on a link in a suspicious e-mail.
- Unusual web pages or windows. If you see these, you should log out of your online bank.
- Easy Banking Web is always provided in your language. Any text in another language should attract your attention and prompt you to take care.
- Make sure you only visit our website via its usual address. Save it to your favourites or bookmarks to make sure you end up at our actual portal.
Vishing involves obtaining your information in order to use your banking websites without your knowledge. The techniques used here are voice-based, such as personalised phone calls.
Be wary of:
- Calls from people other than your usual contacts at the bank.
- Automated voice commands that ask you to enter your bank details (in particular your secret codes) using the keypad on your phone.
- People who try to pressure you and tell you that you must carry out an urgent banking transaction.
Malware refers to software installed on your computer without your knowledge in order to compromise security. For example, it might allow your banking transactions to be monitored remotely and your details to be used for fraudulent activities.
Be wary of:
- Any files you receive from people you don't know. Even photos can contain malware.
- We will never ask you to install any software on your mobile device.
What to do if you think you have fallen victim to fraud?
Please get in touch with us as soon as possible in any of the following four situations:
- You have entered your personal details on a website that does not appear to be ours.
- You have provided sensitive information over the phone and you are not certain that you were connected to a trusted person.
- You check your bank statements and find a transfer or a payment that you did not make.
- You lose your smartphone or tablet or have it stolen, and you have Easy Banking App installed on your device.
My completely secure online and mobile bank
It's never been safer to manage your transactions online or using a mobile device. That's because Easy Banking App and Easy Banking Web feature the most advanced security technologies available. Find out how we protect your passwords and your data, as well as how to easily avoid traps laid by cyber-criminals.