Your password security in Easy Banking App
A unique Easy Banking App profile for maximum security
When you use Easy Banking App for the very first time, the application will ask you to register your smartphone or tablet with the help of your card reader. It will also ask you to choose a password, so you can create a personal profile that secures your access to your mobile banking application. This means you will only be able to access Easy Banking App with the device you used to create your profile, and by means of your personal password.
How to create a secure password?
- Start with a simple phrase containing at least 8 characters, such as: "my daughter was born in summer";
- Make this phrase more complicatedusing special characters, numbers, upper and lower case letters, or even deliberate spelling errors: "myDaughterWozborninSummer2004*";
- Use a different password for each platformby modifying your initial password.
- Don't write your passwords down anywhere.
- Don't share them with anybody. Your bank will never ask for your user names or passwords over the phone or by e-maill.
- Change your passwords 3 to 4 times a year.
- What if you forget your Easy Banking App password? You can reset it here.
Log in to Easy Banking App
With Fingerprint or TouchID
Your mobile bank is now available at the touch of a finger.
Open Easy Banking App on your smartphone (Android or iOS) and place your finger on your phone's touch sensor. That's it, you have logged in securely!
These login methods are not available if you are using a tablet. The reason for this is simple: the security of your data. A tablet is a mobile device that is freely shared by multiple users. In order to avoid fraudulent use of your Easy Banking account as far as possible, we have restricted logging in by fingerprint to smartphones.
What should you do if your mobile device is lost or stolen?
- Call your mobile network operator and get them to block your SIM card.
- Call the Easy Banking Centre on +32 (0)2 261 11 11 and deregister your smartphone or tablet.
This way, the security of your Easy Banking App is guaranteed and you will stop anyone in possession of your device from logging in to your account. Have your customer number close at hand, as well as the name you used to create your Easy Banking profile on your device.
The security of your data is paramount
The security of your data is our priority. Find out how we make sure your data are protected, and how you can get fully involved in making your mobile bank more secure every day.