Every day, online banking experts implement the latest available technologies to secure your online transactions. However, safety is a concern for us all. That’s why our bank takes drastic action. With a few simple steps, you can actively participate in the fight against fraud and other crimes.
What does the bank do?
- Identification through a card reader (Easy Banking Web and App), a password or a fingerprint (for Easy Banking App) for online banking.
- Recognition of mobile devices used to access Easy Banking, based on a password or fingerprint.
- An authorisation for certain transactions (large amounts or new beneficiaries) via the M2 button on your card reader.
What can you do?
- Install antivirus software and update your operating systems (Windows, iOS, Android).
- Only download apps from official stores (App Store, Play Store, Microsoft Store).
- Never disclose a secret code, such as your password, PIN code or the code of the M1/M2 button on the card reader.
- Close your sessions after use.
- Beware of suspicious screens.
- Never communicate 'sensitive' information by email, SMS or over the phone.
Some reassuring measures...
Secure online banking with a few simple and effective steps adopted by BNP Paribas Fortis.
- Online banking always involves a secure connection.
- Identification is always necessary in order to gain access to online banking.
- The bank records the characteristics of your mobile device when you first access Easy Banking. The bank recognises the combination of your user profile and the registered device.
- Maximum amounts are applied daily for your online banking.
- You specify a numerical authorisation for payments to known beneficiaries.
- The connection to the website or the app terminates automatically after a certain period of inactivity, although you should always close your session when you are finished.
- Careful analysis of techniques used by cybercriminals to counter their fraudulent operations before they can affect you.