Current Expense Insurance
Protect your budget in case you lose your job and in case of total disability
In Belgium as elsewhere, you risk having some problems should you lose your job or become totally unfit for work, trying to cover your day-to-day expenses, like rent, repaying loans, school costs, etc. Take out a policy to cover household expenses and cover these ongoing costs thanks to a monthly payment of EUR 500 or EUR 1,000 (your choice) for up to 12 months.
Do you have a steady job (open-ended contract), but want to be sure you could meet your regular bills if you were totally unfit for work or lost your job?
The Household expenses insurance policy entitles you to a monthly payment of either EUR 500 or EUR 1,000 (your choice) for a period of up to 12 months.
This means you will be able to pay your rent, the repayments on your loans, the school costs for your children etc. In addition, these payments are not taxed!
In case you lose your job and in case of total disability
And if you become unfit for work and lose your job at the same time? The Household expenses insurance cuts in jointly.
In case of loss of employment, the qualifying period before receiving your payments is 180 days. In the event of disability, this delay does not apply. However, receipt of your monthly payments is subject to a minimum delay of 90 days ("excess" period).
This type of insurance covers "involuntary loss of employment" (excluding resignation, retirement or dismissal for serious misconduct).
Easy to take out
It is a very simple procedure to take out this policy online: if you meet the criteria, all you need to do is send in your completed application form, a proof of your status as an employee and a certificate of good health.
You can choose between:
- a monthly payment of EUR 500 net, by paying a monthly premium of EUR 14;
- a monthly payment of EUR 1,000 net, by paying a monthly premium of EUR 28.
Declared incapacitated for work and no job?
- Contact us within 120 days.
- Send us one of the following documents: a certificate of "loss of employment", that is a copy of the C4 form filled out by your employer, or the declaration from ONEM (National Employment Office) or the body paying the unemployment benefits that confirms that you meet all the conditions for the claim, and indicating the date of the first payment; a certificate of "total invalidity", namely a medical certificate from your doctor. The existence, the duration and level of invalidity will be determined by a doctor acting as consultant to the insurer, based on the information supplied.
Hospitalisation Plus insurance
A hospitalisation insurance for peace of mind in the event of illness or hospitalisation. Discover all the features by clicking here.
- covers medical and hospital expenses
- choose your own doctor or hospital
- Hospitalisation Plus insurance is an insurance product from AG Insurance distributed by BNP Paribas Fortis
Top Family insurance
This personal liability insurance covers material damages or injuries caused to a third party by yourself or a member of your family. Discover all the features by clicking here.
- designed for families and individuals
- Top Family is a liability insurance product from AG Insurance distributed by BNP Paribas Fortis
Top Home Fire Insurance
A hail storm, fire or vandalism? Make sure you are insured against these unforeseeable circumstances. This policy covers damage in and around your home.
- simple system to determine the appropriate level of cover for your home based on the number of rooms
- premiums payable monthly at no extra cost
- Top Home Fire Insurance is an insurance product from AG Insurance, under Belgian law, distributed by BNP Paribas Fortis. This insurance contract under Belgian law is concluded for one year at a time with tacit renewal. Click here for all the details on this product
Insurance for your trips throughout the year
A long-term assistance insurance policy to cover a person, a couple or a family and their vehicle (optional) for all trips throughout the year:
- on a summer trip to the seaside;
- in autumn when on a city break;
- during a winter holiday in the mountains;
- and on any other trip.