Top Home Fire Insurance

The best way to insure your home and its content.

Did a storm blow away some of your roof tiles? The chip pan caught fire and reduced your kitchen to ashes? Your living room was flooded after a pipe burst? Gusts of wind damaged your solar panels? As a property owner in Belgium, we recommend you protect yourself right away with the wide range of coverage offered by Top Home fire insurance by AG Insurance. Thanks to its comprehensive coverage and rapid reimbursement for any damage, you can rent out your home or just enjoy living in it without the slightest worry.

A clear insurance approach which covers everything

We clearly inform you about the level of protection of your home. With Top Home fire insurance, you are protecting your house, apartment and its content against the following types, among others, of damage :

  • fire, explosion and implosion
  • lightning strike, storm and hail
  • vandalisme
  • damage caused by electricity
  • snow and the weight of snow
  • water damage
  • broken glass

In these cases, Top Home fire insurance covers all kinds of damage that is clearly listed in the general terms and conditions, with very few exceptions.

Besides, you are also covered for damage caused to third parties by the building and its content or by spreading damage (e.g. a fire that spreads out from your house to your neighbours').

Twenty-four hour assistance effective compensation

In case of damage, you can contact our claims managers on the TeleClaims service, day and night.

In case of a claim, we will rapidly answer to implement the first emergency measures: keeping an eye on your house, organizing care for your children and pets, covering the costs of temporary accomodation if your house is uninhabitable, etc.

In an emergency situation, a construction professional will immediately come to repair damage to the roof of your home or fix a leak, etc.

And if you lose your keys or lock yourself out, the intervention of a locksmith is also covered.

We take care of all the procedures in order to reimburse you as rapidly as possible. In most cases repayment in on your account within two weeks or less.

Your solar panels are also covered

Your 'green' investments such as solar panels, photovoltaic panels, insulation systems and ventilation with heat recovery are all covered.

Customized Protection

Do you own a swimming pool? Is your garden designed by a landscaper? Are you going to renovate your house? You can easily extend your Top Home coverage with a few appropriate options and packs to meet your needs and wishes.

Student rooms, holiday residences or rented rooms

Did you rent a holiday residence in Belgium or overseas, student rooms for your children or are you hiring a hall for a family celebration? Your liability as a tenant is automatically covered in case of damage. Any furniture or equipment that you temporarily moved there is automatically covered as well.

Prevention is the best cure

  • Regularly check the condition of your house roof, to check if the tiles are still properly fixed.
  • Do you suspect there is a pipe leaking in your house? Don't wait till your house's flooded. Contact your insurance company and a specialist to fix it as soon as possible.
  • Don't tempt buglars ! Don't leave a ladder or heavy tools lying around on your terrace or in your garden.

The insurance premium for your Top Home fire insurance

There is no fixed rate for fire insurance. The insurance premium depends, among others, on the size of your house or apartment and also on the content insured.

Thanks to the Mini-system, it is really easy to calculate how you are going to insure your home and its content. Count the number of rooms and enter them in the inventory. Based on this information, the simulator will give you the amount of the insurance premium you'll have to pay.

How to make a claim?

  • Call the TeleClaims service on 0800 96 040. You will immediately get the help of a specialist. He will help you to implement the first emergency measures, pay any costs for keeping a watch on your home and will organize a care for your children and pets to stay. The cost of possible temporary accomodation is also covered if your house is uninhabitable.
  • Take photos of the damage.
  • In very urgent cases, you can rely on immediate intervention, day or night, from a construction professional. He will take any initial steps that are necessary: cover your roof, stop a leak, etc.
  • You can also opt for compensation 'in kind'. A professional will be sent at your place very quickly and we will pay the bill. This avoids paying an insurance premium.

Read more

Do you want to read more? For further information, please refer to the attached documents.