Top Home fire insurance

Insure your rental home and its contents

Are you renting a house or an apartment in Belgium and looking for the best insurance to cover your liability as a tenant? Do you want to insure all the content of your rented accommodation against fire, lightning or flooding? You can rely on Top House fire insurance from AG Insurance. It has comprehensive cover, fast compensation in case of damage, as well as assistance to help you deal with your problems as a tenant, allowing you to enjoy your home without worries.

A clear insurance approach which does everything

Thanks to Top Home fire insurance, you enjoy the best protection to cover your "liability as a tenant". In Belgium, as a tenant, you are also responsible for any damage caused to the rented property, unless you can prove that the owner is liable or in the case of force majeure.

We clearly inform you about the level of protection of your home. You are covering your home and its content against the following types, among others, of damage:

  • fire, explosion and implosion
  • lightning strike, storm and hail
  • vandalism
  • damage caused by electricity
  • snow and the weight of snow
  • water damage
  • broken glass

In these cases, Top Home fire insurance covers all kinds of damage that are clearly listed in the general terms and conditions, with very few exceptions.

Besides, you are also covered for damage caused to third parties by the building and its content, both insured. Including in case of spreading damage (e.g. a fire that spreads out to neighbours).

Twenty-four hour assistance effective compensation

In case of damage, you can contact our claim managers at the TeleClaims service, day and night.

We intervene rapidly in order to implement the first emergency measures: keeping a watch on your home, arranging care for your children and pets, covering the cost of temporary accomodation if your home is uninhabitable, etc.

In case of emergency, a construction professional will immediately come to repair damage to the roof of your home or fix a leak, etc.

And if you lose your keys or lock yourself out, the intervention of a locksmith is also covered.

We take care of all the procedures in order to pay your compensation as rapidly as possible. In most cases, the reimbursement arrives within two weeks or less on your bank account.

Customized protection

You no longer want coverage against theft? Do you need legal advice? Or maybe you need compensation for having to leave a rented accommodation earlier?

You can easily extend your Top Home coverage with options and packs to meet your needs and wishes.

Garage, student rooms, holiday residences or an event hall, all are covered

Your liability as a tenant often extends beyond the house or apartment you are renting. Did you rent a holiday residence in Belgium or overseas, student rooms for your children or you are hiring an event hall for a family celebration?

Your liability as a tenant is automatically covered in case of damage. Potential damage to your rented garage, holiday residence, student rooms for your children or the event hall you hired for a family celebration is fully covered. In the same way, any content you may have moved there temporarily is also covered.

Prevention is the best cure

  • Do you suspect there is a pipe leaking in your house? Don't wait till your house's flooded. Warn the owner and your insurance company as soon as possible.
  • Don't tempt burglars! Don't leave a ladder or heavy tools lying around on your terrace or in your garden.

The premium for your Top Home fire insurance

There is no fixed rate for fire insurance. The insurance premium depends, among others, on the size of your house or apartment and also on the content insured.

Thanks to the Mini-system, it is really easy to calculate how you are going to insure your home and its content. Count the number of rooms and enter them in the inventory. Based on this information, the simulator will give you the amount of the insurance premium you'll have to pay.

How to make a claim?

  • Call the TeleClaims service on 0800 96 040. You will immediately get help from a specialist. He will help you to implement the first emergency measures, pay any costs for keeping a watch on your home and will organize somewhere for your children and pets to stay. The cost of possible temporary accomodation is also covered if your home is uninhabitable.
  • Take photos of the incident.
  • In very urgent cases, you can rely on immediate intervention, day or night, of a construction professional. He will implement any initial steps needed: cover your roof, stop a leak, etc.
  • You can also opt for compensation 'in kind'. A professional will soon be at your home and we will pay the bill. This avoids paying an insurance premium.

Read more

Do you want to read more? For further information, please refer to the attached documents.