The Tenant Pack acts as complementary cover alongside your Top Home Tenant Insurance policy
Legal, practical and financial protection ensure your tenancy runs smoothly
You rent a house or apartment in Belgium and you would like to enjoy your home without the hassle, exactly like the owners. The cover provided by the Tenant Insurance Pack gives you peace of mind when you rent your home.
Specialists are available to inform and advise you on any questions you may have about your tenancy agreement. You also have a list of approved experts who can give you impartial assistance to draw up a property inventory on arrival/departure.
Are you in dispute with the owner of the property? Our experts will help you reach an amicable agreement. Should action be taken in the courts, you will also be compensated for any costs incurred. We will pay you up to EUR 25,000 for procedural costs, plus legal and valuation fees.
Have you lost your job, or has the landlord (owner) decided to live in the property? If you must leave your rented property before the end of the tenancy, you will receive financial support:
- we will pay you an advance equivalent to 2 months' rent up to a maximum of EUR 2,000 to help you pay for a new rental guarantee;
- you will also receive compensation of up to EUR 500 to cover your cost of moving house before the end of your tenancy.
Do you need to find alternative accommodation quickly for a short period of time, for example because renovation works mean you cannot live in your home? In this case, we will make a fixed payment of EUR 150 per day for a maximum of 5 days to cover the cost of temporary accommodation.
Thanks to your Tenant insurance, you can call out a professional to assist you at home 24 hours a day.
This person may be a plumber, electrician, locksmith, etc. who can resolve the problem for you quickly when an unforeseen event prevents the normal use of your rented property.
Up to 3 times per year, we will pay for call-out fees and the first two hours' work up to a maximum of EUR 200, with no excess charged to you.
When and what for am I covered ?
You are covered by the Tenant Insurance Pack guarantees for your rented property in Belgium, providing this is your main residence and it is insured by a Top Home insurance policy.
A period of 4 months must elapse before you can benefit from:
- legal protection (if you are the plaintiff or you are in discussions regarding damage to the rental property). No waiting period applies as far as conciliation is concerned;
- financial support (advance payment to cover a rental guarantee and repayment of costs) if you need to move house before the end of your tenancy following the bankruptcy of your employer.
Tenant Insurance Pack is in reference to an AG Insurance product, distributed by BNP Paribas Fortis. AG Insurance sa/nv – 53 boulevard Emile Jacqmain, B-1000 Brussels – RPM/RPR Brussels – VAT BE 0404.494.849 – www.aginsurance.be. Accredited insurance company licenced under code number 0079, under the supervision of the National Bank of Belgium, 14 boulevard de Berlaimont, 1000 Brussels BNP Paribas Fortis sa/nv, 3 Montagne du Parc, B-1000 Brussels – RPM/RPR Brussels – VAT BE 0403.199.702, registered with the FSMA under n° 25.879A and acting as a contractually appointed insurance agent on behalf of AG Insurance sa/nv.
Top Family insurance
This personal liability insurance covers material damages or injuries caused to a third party by yourself or a member of your family. Discover all the features by clicking here.
- designed for families and individuals
- Top Family is a liability insurance product from AG Insurance distributed by BNP Paribas Fortis
Current Expense Insurance
Thanks to this guarantee, you will be able to keep paying your household bills in case of unemployment or complete disability.
- you can fulfil your financial obligations
- simple to apply for
- Current Expense Insurance is an insurance product from AG Insurance, under Belgian law, distributed by BNP Paribas Fortis