Domestic Employees insurance
The ideal protection for your domestic employees
Any person who employs staff in Belgium must by law protect these individuals against accidents occurring at or en route to and from work. This obligation also applies to employees working in your home. When you choose the Domestic Employees insurance option with your Top Family policy, your housekeeper, cook, gardener, care taker, babysitter and home care assistant will all be covered by one insurance policy.
This obligation does not apply to domestic employees paid in "titres-services" (service vouchers), via the unemployment offices or to personnel deployed by La Ligue des Familles. These workers are insured by their own employers.
What are the main risks covered?
- Accidents recognised by law as work accidents, occurring at work or during the commute are covered. Domestic staff includes people who perform paid work and services for members of your household, under your authority.
What are the main risks not covered?
- Activities representing an aggravated risk, such as activities that require specific equipment or professional experience, implying that they can not be carried out under the authority of the policyholder.
- Workers employed in relation to the professional activities of the policy holder are not covered.
The above list is not exhaustive
The above list is not exhaustive. For more information on the exact extent of the cover, please refer to the general terms and conditions of this product, which are accessible for free at your branch or through the Easy Banking Centre (02/762.20.00). To receive an offer, you can contact your branch or call the Easy Banking Centre.
One single insurance policy for all your domestic employees
Your cleaner, gardener and babysitter: One single insurance covers everyone working in your home.
In case of incapacity or death
Your domestic personnel is insured for accidents that render them temporarily or permanently incapable to continue working. Their relatives will receive compensation in case of death.
Cover extended to casual workers
Even if you only employ a professional two or three times a year to prune your hedges, the law requires you to take out an insurance policy to protect this person. The Domestic Employees insurance policy also covers casual workers. No limit applies to the number of employees covered!
Complaints can be submitted to the Complaints Management service of BNP Paribas Fortis (JQABD), 3 Montagne du Parc, 1000 Brussels, fax 02/2287200. You can also send your complaint to the service of the Insurance Ombudsman, 35 Square de Meeus, 1000 Brussels. Tel.: 02/547 58 71 - Fax: 02/547 59 75 - www.ombudsman.as.
BNP Paribas Fortis sa/nv, 3 Montagne du Parc, 1000 Brussels - RPM Brussels - VAT BE 0403.199.702, registered with the FSMA under n° 25.879A, 12-14 Rue du Congres, 1000 Brussels, and acting as an appointed insurance agent on behalf of AG Insurance sa/nv.
AG Insurance sa/nv – 53 Boulevard Emile Jacqmain, B-1000 Brussels – RPM/RPR Brussels – VAT BE 0404.494.849 – www.aginsurance.be. Accredited insurance company licensed under code number 0079, under the supervision of the National Bank of Belgium, 14 Boulevard de Berlaimont, 1000 Brussels.
AG Insurance sa – Bd E. Jacqmain 53, B-1000 Bruxelles – RPM Bruxelles – TVA BE 0404.494.849 – www.aginsurance.be - Entreprise d'assurance belge agréée sous le no de code 0079, sous le contrôle de la Banque nationale de Belgique, Bd de Berlaimont 14, 1000 Bruxelles. BNP Paribas Fortis SA, Montagne du Parc 3, B-1000 Bruxelles – RPM Bruxelles – TVA BE 0403.199.702, est inscrit sous le no 25.879A auprès de la FSMA, rue du Congrès 12-14, 1000 Bruxelles, et agit comme agent d'assurances lié pour AG Insurance sa. Les plaintes peuvent être introduites auprès du service Gestion des plaintes de BNP Paribas Fortis (JQABD), Montagne du Parc 3, 1000 Bruxelles, fax 02/2287200. Vous pouvez également adresser votre plainte auprès du service de l’ Ombudsman des Assurances, 35 square de Meeûs , 1000 Bruxelles. Tel. : 02/547 58 71 – Fax : 02/547 59 75 - www.ombudsman.as
Top Family insurance
This personal liability insurance covers material damages or injuries caused to a third party by yourself or a member of your family. Discover all the features by clicking here.
- designed for families and individuals
- Top Family is a liability insurance product from AG Insurance distributed by BNP Paribas Fortis
Family Legal Protection insurance
Easily solve your disputes, with or without recourse to the justice system, thanks to the assistance from our experts and the compensation you receive for attorney or expert fees. Discover all the features by clicking here.
- ompensates attorney and court fees
- financial compensation if the third party is insolvent
- Family Legal Protection insurance is a legal protection insurance product from AG Insurance distributed by BNP Paribas Fortis. It acts as a complimentary cover alongside your Top Family insurance
Hospitalisation Plus insurance
A hospitalisation insurance for peace of mind in the event of illness or hospitalisation. Discover all the features by clicking here.
- covers medical and hospital expenses
- choose your own doctor or hospital
- Hospitalisation Plus insurance is an insurance product from AG Insurance distributed by BNP Paribas Fortis
Insurance for your trips throughout the year
A long-term assistance insurance policy to cover a person, a couple or a family and their vehicle (optional) for all trips throughout the year:
- on a summer trip to the seaside;
- in autumn when on a city break;
- during a winter holiday in the mountains;
- and on any other trip.
Digital Protect insurance, provided by Cardif Insurance, allows you to cover all your mobile devices that are less than five years old through a single insurance policy (only for individuals). Discover all its features by clicking here.
- covers all family devices
- no excess on claims
- the Digital Protect insurance is a property insurance product of Cardif Assurances Risques Divers sa/nv distributed by BNP Paribas Fortis