Using cash outside the eurozone
Are you planning to travel outside the eurozone countries, either for business or pleasure? Your credit or debit card remains the simplest and most effective way to carry out all of your payments. However, it is always helpful to take a small amount of cash in the local currency, especially to pay for a taxi or a meal shortly after you arrive. As a customer of BNP Paribas Fortis, you can order foreign currency from the comfort of your own home. Simply reserve your currency online or by telephone by calling the Easy Banking Centre and collect the money within two weeks.
Advantages of placing your order online
- Flexible: the service is always available, including outside office hours .
- Fast: there is no need to call into your branch to order your foreign exchange.
- Simple: order in just a few clicks!
- Efficient: pick your currency out of the 24 most popular ones.
- Secure: you will receive a telephone call or an e-mail to confirm that your request is being processed.
- Free: there is no charge for this service. Foreign currencies are priced according to the exchange rate applicable at the point the currency is received.
To place an order for foreign exchange
- You must be a BNP Paribas Fortis customer and have a current account.
- You must be aged 18 or over.
- You must be able to provide recent proof of identity.
Not yet 18 years of age? One of your parents can order your currency on your behalf.
Tip: your request will be processed more quickly if you are logged in to Easy Banking.
Please note: allow sufficient time for your currency to be obtained, as certain currencies are not available immediately. Ordering currency online can take up to a maximum of two weeks.