The card reader
Quick and easy application
- Complete the online application form (this will only take you about 2 minutes).
- Have your BNP Paribas Fortis account number at hand.
We will send your card reader to you. For free!
Terms and conditions
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You are a BNP Paribas Fortis customer.
- You have a BNP Paribas Fortis bank card or Access Card.
- We have your most recent identity details.
Request a new card reader
- Is your current card reader defect?
- Is your current card reader showing the "battery low" message?
- Would you like an additional card reader?
Apply for a new card reader and we will send it to you. For free!
Log in with a card reader
Follow the steps described below or watch the demo.
- On the Easy Banking login screen, enter your customer number or user number. Your customer number is on your bank card; your user number is on your Easy Banking contract.
- Select 'card reader'.
- Enter the number of the bank card you would like to use.
- Insert the bank card into your card reader and press M1.
- Enter the answer to the challenge and press OK.
- Enter your PIN and confirm by pressing OK.
- On your computer screen, enter the RESPONSE code and click on 'confirm'.
Need help? Contact us.
Make secure payments using your card reader
Your security is a priority for BNP Paribas Fortis
If you are asked to provide the digital signature obtained on your card reader over the telephone or by e-mail, never reply to this request. The bank may ask you to generate a digital signature code but it will never ask you to share this code with them. Digital signatures are only requested in Easy Banking or when you are paying for a purchase on the Internet using your bank card or your credit card. In addition, you will only be asked for a signature for transactions you have initiated yourself. Have you noticed anything unusual? Notify your branch or Easy Banking Centre by telephone on 02 261 11 11 as soon as possible.
Blind and visually impaired
Blind and visually impaired customers can get a special card reader from their branch; it has larger keys keys, an LCD screen and voice support. More info? Please refer to the pdf manuals below.