itsme®, your digital identity
itsme, your digital identity
itsme* is a secured digital identification app which takes away the need for all your various passwords, usernames, card readers and tokens. You can use one single code to log in to itsme securely and sign transactions on the websites and apps of all participating partners.
* Itsme services are provided by Belgian Mobile ID and offered by BNP Paribas Fortis (a BMID partner) subject to acceptance of your request. For more information on these services, visit the itsme website.
How itsme works:
- Download the itsme app on your smartphone.
- Create your itsme account and choose a five-digit PIN code.
- Log in and sign transactions using your new digital identity.
itsme, one app, one code, one digital identity
- Your digital identity, with one code or fingerprint.
- Secure, quick and easy to use.
- For a whole array of digital apps.
You no longer need a card reader
With itsme, you no longer need a card reader to do things digitally. Just enter your five-digit itsme code and you're done.
You can use the app to log in to BNP Paribas Fortis' Easy Banking Web in a matter of seconds. Later, you'll also be able to confirm payments easily, quickly and securely.
At the moment, you still need your card reader to log in to the Easy Banking App and to approve payments. In the future, you'll be able to use itsme instead of the card reader for an increasing number of things.
Security and privacy above all
itsme only works with your smartphone, SIM card and personal itsme code. You also have control over your identity data. It's up to you whether to share your data and with whom.
- Your mobile, your SIM card and the itsme app you've installed with a personal PIN code represent a unique combination which ensures only you have access.
- Only you know your code.
- In addition, mobile interactions that take place through the itsme app aren't processed through a standard internet connection; they also use your mobile operator's high-security SIM card and network.
- You always have control over what data you share, you decide!
- Belgian Mobile ID is a consortium of the biggest banks and mobile network operators in Belgium. It takes your encrypted data and ensures that only the absolute essentials are shared.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do at BNP Paribas Fortis with itsme®?
itsme allows you to confirm your identity and sign transfers, without a card reader, in Easy Banking Web. At a later stage, you will be able to do the same in Easy Banking App.
I already have an itsme account. How can I link it to my accounts at BNP Paribas Fortis?
If you have already created an itsme account, you can link your accounts at BNP Paribas Fortis in the following way:
- Go to the Easy Banking Web login page and select 'Log in with itsme'.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Sign using your card reader and an M1 signature.
- Accept the general conditions. Confirm using your card reader and an M2 signature.
- You can now log into BNP Paribas Fortis' Easy Banking Web using the itsme app.
I've lost my smartphone. How can I block my itsme account?
There is no need to panic if you lose your smartphone, because itsme can only be used with a combination of your smartphone, SIM card and itsme code. Nevertheless, we still recommend that you block your itsme account, just to be safe. You can do this via the itsme website. If you also use Easy Banking App, contact the Easy Banking Centre to block your Easy Banking App too.
What should I do when I receive the following notification: "The sharing of personal information was unsuccessful. Your identity details have not yet been validated"?
To create your itsme account, your most recent identity card information must be validated for security reasons. When you open an account with the bank, your identity information is automatically validated. However, you may have since received a new identity card. If this is the case, you can simply update your identity information by visiting a BNP Paribas Fortis branch of your choice. Your information will be up to date after three business days at the latest. You can then activate your itsme account. .
No results foundSearch cannot be performedsearch results