Online and mobile banking for your teen
Make their lives easier
From the age of 7 via Easy Banking Web and from 12 year onwards via Easy Banking App your child learns to manage his/her budget.
Independence within safe limits
Help them become independent, but within limits adapted to their age and needs. Your teen can check his/her balance before making a purchase, and make payments within specified limits. Safely and securely.
Give your consent
Of course, it’s up to you. If your child has a youth payment account, you can use your Easy Banking Web or Easy Banking App to authorise your child to use online and/or mobile banking. We will guide you step by step.
The benefits at a glance
- Checking their balance;
- Transferring money to a third-party account;
- Transferring money to their savings account;
- Making and receiving payments via Bancontact.
- Going into the red;
- Making transfers exceeding EUR 625 per day or EUR 1,250 per week from their payment account to a third party;
- Making transfers from their savings account into their payment account*.
Stay in control
Via Easy Banking Web and Easy Banking app you can**:
- monitor your child’s bank transactions;
- temporarily block their access if they do not use these tools correctly.
Learning to manage their money
With Easy Banking Web and App, you give your child responsibility while helping them acquire good habits:
- checking their balance before making a decision;
- managing their pocket money;
- saving up.
* The law, however, imposes limits for savings accounts. Minors can thus transfer 125 euros/month from their savings account to their payment account from the age of 16. If the child is younger than 16, they cannot make transfers in euros from their savings account to their payment account until they have reached the age of majority.
** Until your child is 18
Giving your child access to the app
To use the app, available from Google Play or the App Store, your child needs an Easy Banking Web* contract (which comes with the free teen’s payment account) and your prior consent.
Through your Easy Banking Web
- Log in.
- Click on “Settings” and choose “Children”.
- Select your child’s name.
- Tick "Easy Banking App" or "Easy Banking Web + App" and confirm your consent.
In your Easy Banking App
- Log in.
- Click on “Settings” and choose “Children’s access”.
- Click on “Authorise Easy Banking App” or “Authorise Easy Banking Web and App" under your child’s first name and confirm your consent.
Now it's your turn! Open your app and give your consent.
*If your child does not yet have an Easy Banking Web contract, you can activate his/her access when you give your consent for them to use Easy Banking App.
No payment account?
Find out more
Get more information on Easy Banking Web and Easy Banking App from the various documents available here.
Easy Banking App is available at no charge for all customers from 12 years of age with an Easy Banking Web contract (available from the age of 7) and a debit card. BNP Paribas Fortis SA, Montagne Du Parc 3, 1000 Brussels.